How to Apply
Step-by-Step Instructions for Dual Enrollment at VSU
- Apply online to VSU at as a Dual Enrollment Honors Academy student.
- Submit official SAT or ACT test scores to Valdosta State. These may be sent from College Board.
- Complete the Student Participation Agreement form and GaFutures Dual Enrollment application with your counselor.
- Contact the VSU Dual Enrollment Coordinator to schedule an advisement appointment.
- Each semester the student must meet with their VSU academic advisor, register for classes in BANNER, and notify high school counselor of schedule to be entered into the STARS system.
- At the completion of each semester, the student must request an official transcript be sent to their high school so college credit may be noted on their high school transcript.
1. Completed VSU Dual Enrollment Honors Academy Application
2. Test Scores
- SAT Scores (as of March 2016 or after)
- 1050 Total Score (on 1600 Scale)
- AND 24 Reading Test Score
- AND 22 Math Test Score
- ACT Scores
- 20 Composite
- AND 17 English Score
- AND 17 Math Score
- Minimum 63 Reading Score
- Minimum 4 WritePlacer (students with 75 or higher on Reading Comprehension are exempt from the WritePlacer requirement)
- Minimum of 67 Elementary Algebra (a score of 79 is required for placement in to MATH 1111: College Algebra)
**COMPASS test scores may not be used to satisfy this requirement.
4. High School Transcripts
- 3.0 academic GPA
- Official, current transcripts sent from high school
- Students must be on-track with required high school curriculum (RHSC)
5. VSU Certificate of Immunization Form (must be turned in prior to the start of classes)