ID Photo Submission
Please upload your photo at least 72 hours prior to attending your scheduled orientation. All photo submission status notifications will be delivered to your "valdosta.edu" email account (approvals, rejections, etc.). If your photo submission is rejected, you will not receive an ID at orientation.
If you are unsure of your MyVSU account information or need to reset your password, please visit the MyVSU Password Reset Utility.
Your initial VSU 1Card is free-of-charge; a $20.00 fee will be charged for all replacements.
The VSU 1Card photo is used at on-campus/off-campus locations to identify the cardholder as the person to whom plans, privileges, access, and accounts have been assigned. If you cannot be clearly identified by the photo on your 1Card, services may be denied.
Please read the following and then submit a photo using the link at the bottom of the page.
Helpful Hints for Successful Photo Submission
- Photos should be taken from the top of the shoulders to the top of the head, leaving some space above the head and sides
- Look directly at the camera (no side angles); eyes must be open and completely visible
- No hats, sunglasses, hair accessories, headphones/earbuds/bluetooth devices, or other items that obscure the face or neck
- The photo must be an original (do not take a photo of another photo, driver's license, passport, etc.)
- No shadows on the face; no glare on glasses; no red eyes
- Do not use Snap Chat photos or any types of filters (black & white, sepia, flowers, symbols, etc.)
- No other people or objects should be visible in the photo; no group shots or pets
- No blurry photos
- Straight face or smile; no inappropriate expressions, props, or hand gestures
- No photos taken outside or in your car
- No "proof" photos or photos with words/symbols printed on them
Most Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
- The photo is taken from too far away
- The photo shows more than the top of the shoulders to the top of the head
- Exposure - the photo is too light or too dark
- The background is not white or a light color; bright blue, red, black or outdoor backgrounds are not acceptable
- The background is not solid (use a blank, light-colored wall for best results)
- Writing and/or symbols on the photo
Example of an acceptable photo:
South Georgia State College Students
South Georgia College Students must visit the VSU 1Card office to have their picture taken and 1Card made in person.
1205 N Patterson St.
University Center, Entrance 6 or 7
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698