Welcome BLAZERS! Learn how to set-up and access your VSU accounts.
Connect your devices to VSU's fast and expansive wireless network.
VSU Division of Information Technology
Business Intelligence, Instructional Technology, Information Systems, Security, Networking, and Client Support
Technology Services & Resources
IT Services Scheduled Maintenance's & Notices
DEGREE WORKS UPGRADE MAINTENANCE
05.09.18 UPDATE: Degree Works is accessible and functional while undergoing continued system maintenance.
05.08.18 UPDATE: Degree Works is currently offline as we work to resolve known issues with the vendor.
05.04.18 UPDATE: Degree Works is now available and fully functional; however, the traditional VSU red/black branding may not be displaying. This issue will be resolved soon. Please clear your browser's cache before logging in.
05.03.18 UPDATE: Degree Works is still under maintenance.
Beginning Friday, April 27, at 3pm, and approximately through Wednesday, May 2, 2018, Degree Works (degree evaluation system) will be offline and unavailable as VSU Information Technology performs required software maintenance. The maintenance window is approximate. Additional notice will be provided when the system becomes available.
Advisors and students should plan for the downtime by obtaining needed evaluations before the system goes down on April 27, at 3pm. Students may contact their Advisors for additional guidance as needed.
To access Degree Works: Log in to MyVSU > Click the Degree Works tile (add using the Settings icon)
To learn more about Degree Works, visit: https://www.valdosta.edu/academics/registrar/dw.php
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BANNER SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE
VSU Banner and online payment systems will be unavailable due to security maintenance and month-end processing on the following days and times:
- Sunday, April 29, 1 AM – 3 AM
- Monday, April 30, 10 PM – Midnight
Impacted services will be restored once these processes have been completed.
All Students & Employees
- File Sharing and Storage: Documents folder, Network drive (V:) OneDrive, Filelocker
- MyDocs to OneDrive Migration: V:\mydocs decommission
- Guides and Resources: How-to-guides and video tutorials
- Information Security: CyberSecurity, Remote desktop
- Microsoft Office 365: Email, OneDrive, MS web apps, and free Office Suite
- Resident Students Only Move-in Survey: Tell us about your move-in experience using VSU technologies
- V-State Mobile App: Download the official app for Valdosta State University
- VSU WiFi: Connect to the campus wireless network or shuttle bus wireless network
Employees Only & Student Organizations
2FA (Employees Only): Two-factor authentication process for MyVSU and OneUSG login
Cascade Web: University web editing tool for departmental web pages
- Procurement Support: University technology purchases guides, Licenses, Forms
- Remote Desktop: Control your office computer from home
- Success Portal: Interactive dashboards, student profiles and messaging tools for student advisement and notifications
Telecommunications: Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone services and Jabber Instant Messenger
EMPLOYEES ONLY & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- Organizational Print Accounts: Used primarily for official student organizations to share a pool of print credits. This form can also be used for grants.
Smart Classrooms: Tutorial on using instructor classroom workstation equipment
WordPress: A supplemental web-designing tool used to create websites and blogs
VSU Solutions Center
Contact VSU Solutions Center
Walk-in: Odum Library, 2nd Floor
Phone: 229-245-HELP (4357)
Email email@example.com: The email must originate from your @valdosta.edu account
Submit a Service Request: Create and track requests for technology assistance
Normal Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 am to 9 pm
- Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm
Announcements & Media
Quinncy Thomas, Technical Response Unit coordinator, recently completed the distinguished Leadership Lowndes year-long program for 2017.
Leadership Lowndes inspires individual leadership growth by providing learning experiences that lead to a better understanding of our community, while also preparing individuals to meet present and future community challenges. Classes are limited to 30 people and all applicants must go through a competitive selections process. Each class represents a true cross-section of the Valdosta/Lowndes County community. These emerging leaders are active in business, education, the arts, religion, government, community-based organizations, ethnic and minority groups and reflect the diversity of the community.
Congrats, Quinncy! We are proud of you and thank you for setting such an example.
- Benjamin Li, Solutions Center manager, earned the distinctive 2017 Presidential Excellence Award for Service: Classified Staff. The award is designed to recognize staff members who exhibit high standards of service and exemplary and innovative job performance. Ben is certainly well deserving of this honor for the many efforts he has initiated or assisted with that has helped make IT an award-winning division.
- VSU Solutions Center: Brian Haugabrook, Chief Information Officer
Thinking outside of the 'IT box' brought about the inception of Valdosta State University Solutions Center.
- Ryan Hogan, Director of Admissions
Talks about how the Solutions Center has impacted perspective and current students.
The VSYou experience: Sterlin Sanders, Director of Technical Support Services
From a student to a leader who encourages staff and student techs to EAT!
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Employees Only
Helping to ensure your digital security
IT Job Postings
Check here for current IT employment opportunities!
Close Date: 6/15/2018
Proposed Salary: $34,004
Position provides network services support for the main VSU data network and the campus wired and wireless network.
Connect with us:
Has an IT staff provided exceptional service to you? Submit an I Caught You Caring Card!
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
VSU Solutions Center
Eastern Standard Times
Mon-Thurs: 8 am to 9 pm
Friday: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm to 7 pm