Fall tutoring starts August 20th!
Welcome to the Academic Support Center (formerly the Student Success Center) where learning is our priority. Please call our office or go into the MyVSU portal for the tutoring schedule.
Group Picture Spring 2018
These successful undergrads can help you to be successful, too.
Fostering Student Success
Free tutoring in your core courses!
ASC (formerly SSC) Langdale Hall Entrance
Come early, come often for free tutoring!
Friendly and supportive
Good work is hard and we can help.
Welcome to the Academic Support Center!
We are glad you are here!
We offer the following services to VSU students and the community.
- Peer Tutoring: We provide FREE one-on-one and small group tutoring for undergraduate courses for VSU students. Tutoring is available for most core courses and some upper-division courses. To schedule sessions with a peer tutor, please schedule an appointment using the WCOnline link, stop by the ASC in Langdale Hall or call (229) 333-7570.
- Supplemental Instruction: We embed students who have excelled in particular courses in sections of these classes in subsequent semesters. They conduct peer assisted study sessions for the course. The majority of our supported courses are introductory science and social science courses super sections. Many are also supported by a First Year Learning Community (FLC).
- Workshops: Time Management, Study Skills, Test Taking Strategies and more. (To learn more about the workshops, please click on the link.)
- Community Tutoring: We provide tutoring to the community for a reasonable fee. To schedule sessions with a community tutor, please click on the link provided to learn more about the tutors available, then click on their names to find times that meet your needs.
- Technology Assistance: We can provide assistance with many technology concerns such as the use of Microsoft Office Suite products. Call our office for a tutoring appointment
- Standardized Exam Assistance: We provide one on one tutoring for many of the most popular standardized exams including GRE, GMAT, GACE, TEAS and others. Please call our office for a tutoring appointment.
COMING Fall 2018 - 24/7 Online Tutoring for VSU students. If you are an online student, need help in courses for which the ASC does not offer tutoring, during hours in which we are not open, or if we have no face to face appointments available in time, consider making an online tutoring appointment. We have partnered with ThinkingStorm, a leader in online tutoring resources for college students, and will be offering 24/7 access to online tutoring through ThinkingStorm starting in the fall 2018 semester. More information coming soon.
- Looking for Business course tutoring? Call the Student Advising Center at 249-2624 or visit Thaxton Hall 3rd Floor: https://www.valdosta.edu/colleges/business/student-advising-center/tutoring-center.php
For those currently working with the Academic Support Center, or interested in working with us.
- Employee Public Speaking Survey (Spring 2018): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1irE8rYE2hLn6gz-PfGOI2_CPyC02a50Q5dRRfZmgzkE/edit
- Employment Opportunities: Would you like to work at the ASC as a peer tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader?
- Employee Page: For Academic SupportCenter Employees
Scheduling a Tutoring Appointment
As of Fall 2018, the ASC is using a new scheduling system provided by ThinkingStorm. If you have never used it before, you will have to register once through the MyVSU portal.
Please note that the last 5 minutes of appointments are reserved for tutors to complete required paperwork. Therefore 30 minute appointments will be 25 minutes and 60 minute appointments will be 55 minutes. If you need assistance, feel free to call the ASC at (229)-333-7570
To register, click the link to the MyVSU Portal and sign in, then navigate your mouse to the gray cog or gear wheel on the upper right hand side.
Click on the gear wheel and a search box will open; type in "Academic Support Center'; You will see a drop down box with 'Academic Support Center Schedule. Click on the plus button, '+', to added it to your list of buttons.
How to Make an Appointment
[Coming Soon for ThinkingStorm]
Bringing It All Together: Time-Management Training and Quiz
We know that your time is a precious resource. It may not always be apparent how to maximize your efficiency during the day. If you have previous been able to log-in and schedule appointments before and have gotten locked-out due to a No-Showed appointment, please call our office at (229)-333-7570 to speak with a staff member. Our No-Show polcy will be changing this Fall semester with the new scheduling system (ThinkingStorm).
Langdale Residence Hall
1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
(ground floor, Look for red awning)
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
- Mon-Thur: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm