Mission and Vision Statement
In the spirit of excellence, Valdosta State University Housing & Residence Life commits to teaching & preparing every resident in the pursuit of knowledge and growth.
Housing and Residence Life is committed to providing our students with a safe, dynamic, residential experience that promotes Personal Growth, Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Development, and Academic Success for every resident in order to actively engage their future as responsible global citizens.
Learning Outcome 1: Academic Success
- Students will seek out resources to provide accurate knowledge/information on their academic pursuits.
- Students will develop a definiteness of purpose and plans.
B: Educational Acclimation
- Students will able to maneuver the landscape of college resource gathering.
- Students will establish a belief in their ability to succeed academically.
Learning Outcome 2: Personal Growth
- Students will be able to maneuver the landscape of college resource gathering
- Students will be able to identify and utilize appropriate campus, academic and life resources.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of balance between education, work and leisure time.
- Students will develop personal identify and goals.
Learning Outcome 3: Diversity and Inclusion
- Students will be able to be accepting others.
- Students will seek to understand viewpoints of others and appreciate the value of others' views.
- Students will be able to engage in activities/experiences that differ from their cultural upbringing.
- Students will learn to respect each other/their environment.
Learning Outcome 4: Leadership Development
- Students will develop healthy, effective interpersonal communication.
- Students will understand how their communication technique can (and should change) depending on the medium selected.
B: Critical Thinking
- Students will integrate concepts and principles from multiple perspectives in order to address problems and make decisions.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge from the classroom.